Wednesday 15 October 2014

Hairtoy collection: Forks

*EDITED from time to time to update my collection*
Last edit: 13-12-20

Continuing with my hairtoys collection posts, today's post is about the hair forks! Forks have become my most used hairtoy alongside hairsticks. I use hairsticks for cinnamon buns and braided buns, and forks for my much-worn flipped-up bun. So far I've only tried double-prong forks, which are reasonably secure even with my fine-textured slippery hair, but I'd like to try three- and four-prong forks in the future as well. 
March 2017 update: Thanks to Morrigan from the LHC Winter Swap, I now have a Jeterfork 3-prong and it works so well :D!  I've also tried 4-prong forks and also like them a lot :)
 

1- Small 2-prong metal fork with spiral top (Bijoux Brigitte). Doesn't hold all my hair, so it's either for decoration (action shot I below, featuring a braided Chinese bun) or for half-updos (action shot II below).
2- The fork I used the most in 2013-2016. Wood and 2-prong, from Bijoux Brigitte. Surprisingly sturdy and holds my slippery hair really well (action shot III, flipped-up bun).





3 and 4- Two wood 2-prong forks I got at a medieval fair. Action shots featuring flipped-up buns below:



5- From a Medieval Fair, a hairstick I forgot about in my hairstick list post, with a decorative dolphins top, and another 2-prong wood fork, which, being the most inconspicuous one I have, I use a lot when wearing flipped buns in cosplay with miniaml decoration (like the Tenth Doctor):

 
6- wood, 2-prong fork, this time curvy and decorated with some green stones. I find this fork very nice, but despite being curvy (which usually helps secure my slippery hair), this one doesn't work as well as the other forks I own. It's probably a bit too short, small and/or narrow. It works better on half-updos, though.

7 and 8- A lovely handmade TARDIS fork and copper fork which were part of the 2015 LHC gift swap:







I also use this fork as decoration:

9- A beautiful three-prong Jeterfork and a couple of metal bun pins, part of the 2016 LHC gift swap. These are some of the hairtoys I use the most, both the fork and the pins. The fork is now (2016 onwards) my go-to fork, and I wear it all the time for flipped buns. The pins I wear a lot both in braided buns with parandas, and as part of my 14th Century reenactment hairstyle!







9- A couple of the forks and the bun pins from before, from some new ones I got from the 2019 Winter Swap, which I usually wear in high updos -
 



 10- Third from the left, a 4-prong Triskelion fork that I wear all the time in low cinnabuns. It holds really well, although sometimes it slides out thanks to my straight slippery hair, so I combine it with a couple of claw clips -         

 
                                        SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment