Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Hairtoy collection: Forks

*EDITED from time to time to update my collection*

Continuing with my hairtoys collection posts, here come the hair forks I have. Forks have become my most used hairtoy alongside hairsticks. I use hairsticks for Chinese and cinnamon buns and forks for my much-worn flipped-up bun. So far I've only tried double-prong forks, which are reasonably secure even with my fine-textured slippery hair, but I'd like to try three- and four-prong forks in the future as well. 
March 2017 update: Thanks to Morrigan from the LHC Winter Swap, I now have a Jeterfork 3-prong and it works so well :D!


1- Small 2-prong metal fork with spiral top (Bijoux Brigitte). Doesn't hold all my hair, so it's either for decoration (action shot I below, featuring a braided Chinese bun) or for half-updos (action shot II below).
2- The fork I use the most. Wood and 2-prong, from Bijoux Brigitte. Surprisingly sturdy and holds my slippery hair really well (action shot III, flipped-up bun).





3- and 4- Two wood 2-prong forks I got at a medieval fair. Action shots featuring flipped-up buns below:




5- A hairstick I forgot about in my hairstick list post, with a decorative dolphins top (medieval fair)
6- Another 2-prong wood fork (medieval fair)

7- wood, 2-prong fork, this time curvy and decorated with some green stones. I find this fork very nice, but despite being curvy (which usually helps secure my slippery hair) it doesn't work as well as the other forks I own. Maybe it's a bit too short or small. It works well on half-updos, though.

8- Lovely handmade TARDIS fork and copper fork which were part of the 2015 LHC gift swap:







9- A beautiful thre-prong Jeterfork and a couple of metal long pins, part of the 2016 LHC gift swap:


                                    SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment