Monday 16 October 2017

2012 hair - Irish Medieval Queen-inspired style

Today's post is another historical-inspired hairstyle, this time of an Irish Medieval queen/noblewoman, inspired by this depiction of Isolde (the one in the middle): 
Source

I wore this style back in 2012 in order to impersonate the Queen of Tír na nÓg for a show that our Irish group prepared  to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day.

-What I did:  This is a pretty quick style - The hair is loose except for two front pieces, one on each side, beribboned in a criss-cros pattern and worn hanging down the front (I just folded the ribbon in two at the point where I wanted the pattern to start and started criss-criossing it. A knot at the end keeps the ribbon pretty fixed and secure). The style is completed with a circlet.






And an early test with three-strand braids:



SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely. Every time I see one of these blog updates it reminds me of my one trip to Ireland several years go, a lifetime experience for sure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been twice to Ireland and I loved it, such gorgeous scenery, and the Celtic culture and language, of course <3 :)!

      Delete
  2. I love the front braiding. :) Your costume and hair are so pretty. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete