Monday 28 December 2015

Film hairstyles - Leia's Ceremony braided updo

Here's my version of Leia's Ceremony braided updo with parandas, which I wore to see the new Star Wars film :)



-Film: Star Wars IV: A New Hope (1977)
-Character: Leia Organa
-Brief description: A braided bun (with a ponytail as base and hair donut to add volume) with a braid hanging loose from the center of the bun.
  • Reference pics:
  • Starting texture:  Straight (my natural hair texture)
  • I used:
-A metal-free elastic for the starting ponytail.
-Three parandas.
-Small metal-free elastics in my hair colour/the colour of the paranda (or transparent ones) for the braids.
-A large donut.
-Lots of open bun pins.
-I didn't need any hair fixators (such as hairspray) for this style.
  • Method and video tutorials:
I followed Torrinpaige's wonderful tutorial:

Adding three parandas, one for each braid, in this fashion:

SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

2 comments:

  1. What I find amazing is the size of your bun PLUS the ability to make a substantial braid. Now I know the paranda adds volume, but still very special hair. Quite a magical style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As for the volume, I am wearing a large foam donut as well, that adds most of the bulk in the bun ;) xD

      Delete