Thursday 10 April 2014

Hairstyles - Half-ups

This post is mainly a pic overload of different half-ups I've tried (click for bigger pics):
  • Three-strand braided half-ups:
   A very simple, yet very Elvish half-up, in my opinion.  
 
A single three-strand braid at the back:


-Three-strand side braids held together at the back in another three-strand braid (or just two side braids):
 

- With ribbons:
 
-Three-strand braid at the back:


 

 
- Elven cosplay styles, also featuring side braids:



 

 

 
 
-Elven-ranger cosplay multi-braided half-up: Individual post here.

 


-Two three-strand side accent braids knotted together:
  Just experimenting one Summer day (don't mind the clumpy, braidwave-free ends xD That's what happens when you want braidwaves but forget about the tassel *mental facepalm*. For heatless waves, I'd say either braid all the way down to the ends, as far as you can get, or my favourite, bandanna/bendy rollers waves for the braid's tassel. Unless you like this kind of wavy-then-straight look, of course. Everyone is different.)
                           
  • Rope-braided half-ups:

 
-Two rope side braids held by decorative pins and braided into another rope braid at the back:

  • Fishtail-braided half-ups:
I handle the fishtail (more or less) when braiding my 3-strand braid tassel...but I still have a practice a lot if I want to do a full/half-up fishtail braid from the top. Yes, I've hardly practiced this braid.
 
-2022 update: I'm getting the hang of it more now, and usually wear it with my Elrond cosplay (see below)
  • Just two pieces of hair held back with an elastic and/or barrette:
 (left one)

 



 

  • Bunned half-ups:
-Cinnabun:
I generally use the elastic I use to secure the two side pieces of hair as an anchor for this little bun, same as I'd do with a full bun. You can also bun the sections without any elastics, of course, I just find this easier because my hair is so slippery.


-Rose bun: Individual post here


SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es
If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment