Wednesday, 18 December 2013

New LOTR Nightblooming hairstick!

In the Long Hair Community we have this swap twice a year (Winter and Summer), and if we participate, we send a gift (mostly hair-related) to an assigned giftee and we receive another one from our secret gifter (like Secret Santa, but twice a year).
Well, I received my gift a couple of years ago, and it included this gorgeous LOTR-themed hairstick handmade by my very talented and lovely gifter, Nightshade (from Nightblooming in Etsy):




It's delightfully nerdy, really, really beautifully made, and it holds my hair great (curvy sticks a a huge yes when it comes to straight slippery fine hair such as mine).

Action shots! 

This is my pre-wash dry-shampooed texturized hair in a cinnamon bun. It held like a rock all day (I wore my hair in a ponytail with an elastic, but usually I also need a handful of pins or a couple of little claw clips to fully secure my buns with other sticks).

And this is my post-wash slippery hair in a flipped-up bun (one of my favourite updos), and the stick still holds wonderfully! I only needed a couple of little claw clips to fully secure the bun, just to be safe, because it was holding pretty well on its own.







4 comments:

  1. Wow, that stick is amazing! And slippery hair is cool, so shiny as always! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's cool until styles start not to hold well, though :D

      Delete
  2. Ah, but styles don't hold well on me too! Now I just use buns held with claw clips, I really need too because it divides the weight, it's not the hair that is heavy, its just tender scalp, specially in my cowlick zone...
    You are welcome Ríona! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use two or three small claw clips (and a liberal amount of simple/curvy bobby pins as well, sometimes!) to secure most styles with sticks and forks, too. Curvy sticks like this one hold much better, though :)

      Delete