Thursday, 10 April 2014

Random half-ups

Today's post is just a pic overload of some simple half-ups (click for bigger pics)
  • Three-strand braid
   A very simple, yet very Elvish half-up, imo.

  • Two three-strand accent braids knotted together
  Just experimenting one Summer day...
Don't mind the clumpy, braidwave-free ends...That's what happens when I wear my static-prone fine hair loose for a long time (and no, I'm not a fan of the look). Bonus: That's what happens when you want braidwaves but forget about the tassel *mental facepalm*. Either braid all the way down to the ends, as far as you can get, or my favourite, bandanna waves for the braid's tassel. Unless you like this kind of wavy-then-straight look, of course. Everyone is different. 
                           
  • Two rope braids held by decorative pins and braided into another rope. 
Easy, messy-look half-up.


  • (Slapdash) fishtail braid with small barrette.
I handle the fishtail (more or less) when braiding my 3-strand braid tassel...but I still have a practise a lot if I want to do a full/half-up fishtail braid from the top. Yes, I've hardly practised this braid.

No comments:

Post a Comment