Wednesday 25 December 2013

New hair products: Nightblooming Panacea, shampoo bar and tea

As I was saying in last post, I participated in this year's Winter swap in the Long Hair Community (LHC), and my gifter was the talented (and incredibly thoughtful) Nightshade (from Nightblooming on Etsy). Apart from the gorgeous LOTR handmade stick she gave me, and some beautiful druidic gifts, I got a lot of hair products!  


1. Some Chai black tea and a large tin of cranberry tea, for my rinses (see my post here for more info about my tea rinses). I've already tried the cranberry tea, and apart from smelling amazing (I think I'm going to drink it as well!), it seems to work great as a rinse!

2. A Cocoveda shampoo bar sample from Henna sooq. I can't wait to try it out, I've never experimented with shampoo bars. This one looks very promising, all natural ingredients, aryuvedic and henna-based, and claiming to strengthen hair:
"Ingredients: unrefined organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, organic high oleic sunflower oil, organic coconut milk, organic henna, organic amla, shikakai, bhringraj, bhrahmi, nagarmotha, ginger essential oil"
 I usually use sulphates, though, because my hair is very oily at the roots and I need to clarify often, so I don't know how this shampoo bar will react, greasies-wise.

-Update: I've tried it once, and although I don't have a lot of data yet (because I mixed it with my other SLS shampoo), it seems to have too many oils for my hair, unfortunately. But some Lush shampoo bars with SLS do work for me great!

3. Two jars of Nightblooming's Panacea hair salve (Winter blend and traditional blend), and a larg jar of a special hair salve Nightshade uses for her hair :) .
(I also purchased a sample of the Summer blend a year ago)
 I love Nightblooming's Panacea, especially the Summer and Winter blends (I love the herbal and slightly citrusy smell they have), it's light enough not to make my hair greasy (as long as I don't apply too much, of course), and it seems to work great at moisturizing and protecting my ends and length. This salve cannot 'heal' damaged hair and ends, but it can prevent more damage by protecting the hair and keeping it moisturized.

I usually use it as a 'post-shower end protection treatment', as Nightshade explains here. I gently pat my hair with a towel to get rid of the water excess, disentangle it with my fingers, and apply a pea-sized amount of Panacea to my ends and lower length. You can also apply it to all the hair as a pre-wash deep treatment (similar to an oil treatment).

Here are the ingredients. All of them are silicone and parabene-free, and they don't have any synthetic colours and fragances.

-Winter blend: 
"Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E)."
-Summer blend: 
"Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E)."
-Standard Panacea (this one has a stronger, more incense-like smell. I personally prefer the herbal/citrusy smells of the other blends): 
"Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone."

More about these salves in Nightblooming's blog

SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es
If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment